Dr. Ransdell is a fellow in the American Board of Dermatology and the American Society for Mohs Surgery. He is double board-certified in both Dermatology and Mohs/Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery (MDS). Born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, he attended Earlham College (Richmond, Indiana).
He attended medical school at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, Texas) followed by his internship at Baylor and his residency in Dermatology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He first worked in north Houston (The Woodlands) with Kelsey Seybold Clinic for seven years before being drawn to Austin and the Hill Country in 2013. He spent eight years working at Baylor Scott and White Clinic in Marble Falls, TX where he served as Director of Dermatology and Mohs surgery as well as Medical Director of the Specialty Clinic and a member of the hospital's Medical Executive Committee.
In 2021, Dr. Ransdell setup his own solo practice, Longhorn Dermatology, in Spicewood, Texas. Now, he is joining forces with Dr. Prosise to create Clear Creek Dermatology with a first office in Llano, Texas.
Outside of his work duties, Dr. Ransdell enjoys hiking, running, and biking in the Hill Country, spending time on the Highland Lakes, exploring local restaurants and wineries. He enjoys scuba diving, international travel/adventures, yoga, running (with his Golden Retrievers), and reading. He and his family live in the Briarcliff/Spicewood area.
Languages: English and Spanish
- PGY2-4, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Department of Dermatology – July 2004 – June 2007
Chief Resident 2006-2007 PGY4 year
- PGY1, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Transitional Year Residency Program
June 2003-June 2004
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas – AOA
July 1999 – May 2003
- B.A., Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana (GPA: 3.94/4.00)- Phi Beta Kappa
Major: Biology and Chemistry Interdepartmental Major
August 1995 – May 1999
- American Academy of Dermatology – Fellow
- American Board of Dermatology- Diplomate
- American Society for Mohs Surgery – Fellow
- Texas Medical Association- Member and Delagate
- Texas Dermatological Society- Member
- Austin Dermatological Society- Member
- Llano/Blanco Country Medical Society- Member
- American Medical Association – Member
- Texas Monthly – SuperDoctors Rising Stars- Dermatology- 2017 and 2018
- Top Doctor – Marble Falls 2018-2022 – The International Association of
Dermatologists/HealthCare Professionals (IAHCP).
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honor society – senior member - 2003
- Graduation with College Honors, 2003
- Dean’s Honors for Basic Science Curriculum, 2002
- Baylor Competitive Scholarship, 1999-2003.
- Honors in clinical clerkships: Medicine, OB/GYN, Neurology, Otorhinolaryngology, Urology,
- Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery, Pediatrics, and Family Medicine.
- Phi Beta Kappa honor society – elected junior year
- Departmental and College Honors upon graduation
- Honors and Community Service Scholarships
- The National Dean’s List – 1996.
- Volunteer Recognition Award – Service Learning Program