Dr. Emily L. Prosise has practiced dermatology since 2001. As a double board-certified Mohs surgeon and Fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery, Dr. Prosise specializes in surgical and skin cancer dermatology. Excellent patient care is her top priority.
Dr. Prosise believes in clinical education for the next generation of dermatologists. She was chosen to be Chief Resident at Stanford University and has served as clinical assistant professor at New York University and University of California, Irvine. Dr. Prosise was President of the Austin Dermatological Society for 2012.
To give back to the Austin community, she has volunteered in the dermatology surgery unit at what is now Dell Medical School as well as for multiple skin cancer screening clinics. Dr. Prosise treated orphans and underprivileged children in Nicaragua while on a medical mission, and still underwrites the education of a college student and an elementary school student in Managua.
She is proud to have served as a Girl Scout troop leader from 2013 to 2020.
Dr. Prosise is a leader in the local community and was head of the inaugural class of the Westlake Chamber of Commerce Leadership. She continues to be active in the Chamber and has multiple speaking engagements in the community.
In 2020, Dr. Prosise became sole owner of Central Texas Dermatology, Now, he she is joining forces with Dr. Ransdell to create Clear Creek Dermatology with a first office in Llano, Texas.
In her free time, Dr. Prosise loves to be active outside with her husband, two kids, and dog Able –of course always with a hat and sunscreen on!
- Residency: Stanford University, Stanford, CA; 1998-200
- Internship: University of Texas, Health Science Center, San Antonio; 1997-1998
- Medical School: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC; 1993-1997
- Undergraduate: Duke University; 1989-1993
- Board-Certified, Micrographic Dermatologic Surgery, American Board of Dermatology
- Board-Certified, American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Member, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, Women’s Dermatologic Society
- Member, MD Anderson Physician Advisory Council
- Outstanding Extended Faculty, UC Irvine, CA; 2003
- Chief Resident, Stanford University Department of Dermatology, Stanford, CA; 2000-2001
- Pediatric Dermatology extern scholarship, Dr. Adrian Pierini, Hospital Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina; 2001
- Howard Hughes Fellow Scholarship, National Institutes of Health; 1995-1996
B.S. cum laude Duke University, Durham, NC; 1993